- 31 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Push Notification on Mobile powered by Tegsoft Telescope
- Updated on 31 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Tegsoft software allows users to be notified with push notifications in case of unexpected or significant changes and situations in contact center activities. Push notification is a pop-up message sent by the Tegsoft Telescope application that appears on a user's mobile device.
This article explains in detail how to download and install the Tegsoft Telescope application and the configurations made in the Tegsoft software to enable push notification on mobile devices.
How to Download and Install Tegsoft Telescope?
In order to enable mobile push notifications, Tegsoft Telescope application needs to be downloaded and installed from Google Play Store for Android devices or from App Store for IOS devices. Download links are given below.
How to Create an Account in Tegsoft Telescope?
In order to receive mobile push notifications, you need to create an account in the Tegsoft Telescope app, which is downloaded and installed from the store.
Please follow the steps below to create an account in Tegsoft Telescope application.
1. When you open the application, you will see the screen in the screenshot below.
Tap the “Sign up” on this screen.
2. Fill in the following information on the Sign up screen.
- Enter your name and surname.
- Enter your preferred E-mail. Make sure this is a valid, accessible email, since you will need it to verify your identity.
- Enter your preferred mobile phone number.
- Enter a password.
After filling your information correctly, tap the Sign up button.
4. To verify your e-mail address, enter the code from the verification e-mail you received and then tap the Confirm code button.
5. After verifying your e-mail address, you will see the following screen.
Your Tegsoft Telescope application is ready to receive notifications via the e-mail address you entered when creating an account. The next step is to set the alarms in the Tegsoft Software using this e-mail address.
How to Set Alarms for Push Notifications in Tegsoft Software?
To configure alarm notifications in Tegsoft software, please follow the steps below.
1. Creating an E-mail Template
An e-mail template needs to be created to determine the content of the notification message to be sent to mobile devices.
To create an e-mail template, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to CC Management ➔ E-Mail Templates.
2. Click the plus (+) to add a new e-mail template for push notification content.
3. Fill the information. (The subject is the title, and the note is the content of the notification. If these parameters are left blank, notification cannot be received.)
4. Click Save to create the e-mail template.
2. Defining Alarm
To define alarm, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to System Management ➔ Alarm Management.
2. Click the plus (+) to add a new alarm or select an existing default alarm from the list.
3. Fill the basic information.
The parameters in the basic field are described in the table below.
Enter an alarm ID related to the alarm.
Shows the description of the default alarms.
Select a group depending on the type of alarm.
Choose a majority level depending on the severity of the alarm.
Select the time condition when the alarm will be active.
Enter the notes related to the alarm content.
4. In Warning Operations, click the plus (+) to add a new notification channel.
5. Set the parameters of warning operations.
The parameters in the warning operations field are described in the table below.
|Action Type||Action Target||Content Template to Send||Service Provider|
Enter the e-mail address used when registering to the telescope mobile application.
Select one of the previously created templates from the E-mail Templates menu.
It can be left blank.
After the warning operations are defined as push notification, there are no further steps for specific default system alerts such as disk, service, trunk alarms etc. These alarms are triggered automatically by the system when related conditions are fulfilled. For other alarms, please also complete the configurations given in the next step.
6. Activate alarms for specific situations that are desired to be triggered.
Configuration options for these situations are available in the following menus in Tegsoft Software.
- Voice Skills (Queues)
- Webchat Skills (Queues)
- Ring Groups
- Campaign Manager
- Call Forwarding
The following screenshot shows the alarm selection for Abandon calls from the Alarm Definitions section of the Voice Skills (Queues) page for the "Sample Queue" queue number 7000.
After all the settings are configured, push notifications can be received via the Tegsoft Telescope application on mobile.
The push notification sent to the phone when there is an abandon call in the queue 7000 is shown in the screenshot below.